Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for advice on best mandolins around 5K

Default Re: Looking for advice on best mandolins around 5K

Thanks so much to everyone for all your thoughtful and helpful replies. Good advice! My son is waiting for the right instrument to be placed in his hands and I trust him to know it when he finds it. This thread has been really useful with leads to some potentially great instruments, so thanks again to everyone for your valuable input. - Annette

I was in Elderly Instruments this summer and had the chance to play Northfield mandos for the first time. The F5-S on the wall their sounded better (surprisingly to me) than the Big Mon. It even had a better tone than the Collings MT-2 I've lusted after for son long. At 5k, there really is a wide selection out there.

3. The following members say thank you to Rob Roy for this post:

Children, no matter what age, need to select the instruments that speak to them. No matter how good we believe an instrument to be, the player needs to bond with it.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandobar For This Useful Post: