Thread: Mandolin Cafe MP3 Podcast now on amazon Music

Blog Entries

Default Mandolin Cafe MP3 Podcast now on amazon Music

Once upon a time in a land far, far away, in another time, say probably 1999 we decided to host an MP3 landing spot for music to help artists get their music heard. Still churning away, quite a bit of traffic all these years later. Over the years this resource has changed a number of times and even some of the technology has changed with it, like Flash no longer being supported for a jukebox style player that was on the original page for years, but the basic technology is actually old and simple, based on RSS (Really Simple Syndication) which remains a reasonably effective way for sharing information. Oh, and all those MySpace links that used to be, they've been gone a long time...

It's kind of a living history document. Lots of those early musicians are no longer with us, moved on, etc., but many still very active professionally and as amateurs. Well over 700 tunes all featuring mandolin.

Enough of that. So a few days ago an email is received from amazon, "we'll host your podcast!" So I thought OK, can't hurt anything I suppose. Just another way for someone to listen to mandolin music.

Here it is: Mandolin Cafe MP3 Podcast on amazon Music

You can download an app to listen to it, and this may just be me, but I don't see a particular advantage for a desktop when you can do it over a regular web page, but could be useful for phones. Screen shot below. I'd be interested in hearing experiences with it. I admit to doing very little if any research on this but thought some may find it useful to dial in and put the headphones on for how many ever days of music you can listen continuously.

Basically the only differences between the original and the amazon one is they took the file that creates the former and gave it a different look but with not as much information from what we can see. And of course this isn't really a true podcast in the sense that someone is talking. Just using it to deliver music instead of chatter.

Name:  podcast.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  31.7 KB

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mandolin Cafe MP3 Podcast now on amazon Music

This is fantastic, thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3126.PNG 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	196034
    Gunga......Gunga.....Gu-Lunga

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mandolin Cafe MP3 Podcast now on amazon Music

This list of over 700+ mandolin MP3s is also available on Apple Podcasts.