Thread: Another new glue to learn

Default Re: Another new glue to learn

Nano particles and a magnetic field. I wonder did the magnetic field heats up those nano particles to quicken the cure. Maybe they said that but I was half asleep when I read it.
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bertotti View Post
    Nano particles and a magnetic field. I wonder did the magnetic field heats up those nano particles to quicken the cure. Maybe they said that but I was half asleep when I read it.
    That appears to be the case. And it makes the current method seem really dumb, since you have to spend the time and waste the heat to heat up everything else - relatively massive tooling 100x or more massive than the resin, wait for it to stabilize, wait for it to cool down, and make all these fancy molds that can withstand high temperatures. When all you need to really do is cure a few grams of a resin. Pretty smart. I wonder if it makes the resin look cloudy or opaque, or if the particles are so small it's not an issue.

I'm curious how it affects strength in the long run. If strength is not affected it could really be an industrial boon! This could seriously change how my day job production shops work!
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.

When I first started reading the article I thought "how can this be green, this would take lot of energy" but 200 Watts for 5 minutes is amazing. My other hobby is bikes so looking forward to cheaper bikes