Thread: Hoffee Case options - recommendations from owners

Default Hoffee Case options - recommendations from owners

I'm next in line for an Apitius mandolin build , which comes with a custom Hoffee case. For those that own a Hoffee case, would you recommend any of the upgrade options? Thinsulate insulation, shoulder strap / backpack straps, twist latches, case cover?

I'm leaning towards the Thinsulate, as that's not one you can add on after the fact.

Default Re: Hoffee Case options - recommendations from owners

Quote Originally Posted by bradeasley View Post
    I'm next in line for an Apitius mandolin build , which comes with a custom Hoffee case. For those that own a Hoffee case, would you recommend any of the upgrade options? Thinsulate insulation, shoulder strap / backpack straps, twist latches, case cover?

I'm leaning towards the Thinsulate, as that's not one you can add on after the fact.
    Thinsulate is good but buyer beware it does not line the entire case so helps but still allows the case to warm. Latches are of medium quality (not as good as Calton or others) so perhaps worth twist latches. Covers which are identical to the old Colorado Case covers are outstanding.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbcohen For This Useful Post:

Registered User Gabriel Wiseman's Avatar

I have a couple Hoffee's and I highly recommend the padded neoprene shoulder strap. I bought one for just about every case I have. It makes a big difference when toting around all day at a festival. The strap has some bounce to it that tends to make the case seem lighter on your shoulder and helps with long carries.
    Gabriel Wiseman
    https://poplme.co/pmywrpAD
    www.jtrband.com
    Curt Mangan Strings

2021 Duff 2 Point, 1947 Gibson J-50

5. The following members say thank you to Gabriel Wiseman for this post:

The shoulder strap/backpack straps are also helpful while making your way through an airport. I don't have the thinsulate option but I don't leave it sitting in a hot environment...that being said I wouldn't mind finding the right case cover.
    Mike

Those who think they should think, like they think others think they should think, need to think out their thinking, I think.

No envejecemos, maduramos. -Pablo Picasso

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildpikr For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going with the thinsulate and the single shoulder strap. The case cover sounds like a nice upgrade, but one that could be ordered down the road if I decide I need it.

brad, it's sure convenient to have the 3 rings installed for the backpack straps even if you don't use them all the time. I have them on my Accord & Calton guitar cases and at times they're just the ticket. You don't have to buy anyones expensive harness either......any two straps with clips will work like a charm.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doc holiday For This Useful Post:

Mine came with the backpack strap D-rings option and I installed an additional ring myself.

Now I can carry the case straight upright on my back with one strap worn diagonally or just over one shoulder, which I find very comfortable and secure!
    I even consider taking off the middle ring at the center because that one strap is all I need.
    So If you have the chance to get a real customized case, I would suggest this solution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80A7BECF-C6B6-43AF-BBBE-1977F1FC1860.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	741.0 KB 
ID:	194874

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47C176C8-92B4-46D5-90D0-A484AA698966.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	194873

And yes, I recommend the Thinsulate interior lining, just to be sure at summer camps…

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pit lenz For This Useful Post: