Quote Originally Posted by fernmando View Post
Hi Cafe,

Since posting this thread some months ago, I have shifted mandolins around and ended up with a 2020 Craig Wilson WA-5 AND.....a 2019 Duff A-5! The Wilson is a strong-sounding Griffith-style, and the Duff is unimaginably great. Paul Duff is soooo underpriced for what you get. Both mandolins are good enough to run with. The Wilson is LOUD with a chunky neck profile. The Duff is also loud, but more so in proper mandolin fundamentals, and has a thin neck, allowing even the Gb chord to be comfortable. Thanks for all the comments and input.
I am intrigued. As there had been a discussion here about "Griffith" A-5 reproductions (Max Girouard? and Craig Wilson) I am quite interested to hear about them and to listen to them. As I also have a soft spot for Paul Duff´s creations I would encourage you to post a back to back video of your Wilson and your Duff.

Look here for a short comparison of a Gilchrist and a Duff in a different thread/context: https://mandolincafe.com/forum/threa...mandolin-story