Thread: What happened to Mike Holmes of Shawnee Creek Mandolins?

Question What happened to Mike Holmes of Shawnee Creek Mandolins?

A few months ago, I tried contacting Mike Holmes. I waited several months and never got a response back. I also tried contacting him again in the beginning of June. He has not posted any new mandolins on his site. I am wondering what happened. It may be rather hard to find out what happened to him, because info is very scarce. If you have anything that would help I would appreciate it. Just hope he is alright.
    Last edited by notamandolinist; Jun-08-2021 at 10:15pm.

Default Re: What happened to Mike Holmes of Shawnee Creek Mandolins?

I am now going to contact old standard wood from Fulton Missouri. I forgot to add his website. here it is. https://shawneecreekmandolins.weebly.com/. Old standard wood might know what happened to him.

I found out that he is in his 70's. He might have taken a break from making mandolins, or just stopped making them. I am still further investigating so I can not come to any conclusions.

Is old standard wood in business? I tried to contact them and they did not respond. I can not resume my investigation until I can contact old standard wood.

If nobody has information then I will have to suspend my investigation until I get new information. I am basically at a dead end. Old standard wood and mike holmes wont get back with me. I have no info to go on.

Did you email Old Standard or phone them? I have always contacted them by phone and never had a problem reaching them. It's a little while since my last order to them, but need to place an order again soon. Their web site looks fully functional.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

Ok. I went through the website contact, not the email. It still should have sent the email though. Hmm. I will try contacting them just by email. I am not actually buying anything, so he might be to busy to help. He also has no obligation to disclose last purchase date or if he was in contact with Mike. Thanks for your help though. I appreciate it. Love your new mandolin. looks great! At some point I want to get somebody on the forum to try to contact Mike Holmes. I tried contacting him by email on 2 seperate accounts though... Also his website has not been updated in a year or more.

I would rather contact him through email. I have the voice of a child on a phone call, which is a little bit odd to people who your asking a favor that asks for personal information when they are not obligated to do so!