Thread: David Grisman/Danny Barnes Acoustic Encounters

Default David Grisman/Danny Barnes Acoustic Encounters

I have really been enjoying these Acoustic Encounters interviews/music sessions being produced by David featuring Danny Barnes as interviewer. These offer the Dawg/music/mandolin aficionado a fascinating glimpse into the musical mind and career of David Grisman as musician/producer and historian par excellence. I have been learning a ton of stuff about music in general and David's music and oeuvre in particular that I never really knew. For example I believe he mentions that Old & In The Way only gave a small number of concerts before disbanding... how crazy is that? As Dawg alludes, they may have pulled the plug on that stellar, stoney configuration too soon. Danny Barnes for the most part does an excellent job asking the kind of questions that only an insightful, highly-sensitive, highly-skilled musician would think of asking. Sure, there is plenty of mutual gushing and shucking and jiving and Danny might interrupt David in mid-answer more than one might like, but that said, this is kind of like Mandolins and Beer on a higher level. The segment on Jacob do Bandolim was, is, for me, especially fascinating. Want to know more about how David essentially exposed the world to the greatness and beauty of the Chiro form? Check it out!

Keep up the great work guys... interested ears are listening!

2. The following members say thank you to Glassweb for this post:

Default Re: David Grisman/Danny Barnes Acoustic Encounters

Steve Lavelle
    '93 Flatiron Performer F
    Customized Eastwood Mandocaster (8str)