View Poll Results: Poll for the Song a Week Social Group Week #543

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Trip To Paris (English country dance)

1 11.11%
  • Humphreys Waltz, by Daniel Nestlerode

3 33.33%
  • Sir Charles Coote (Carolan)

5 55.56%

Thread: Poll for the Song a Week Social Group Week #543

Default Poll for the Song a Week Social Group Week #543

This poll is for the Song A Week Social Group Week #543.

One vote per member of the social group. Please feel free to link to videos of these tunes, as a reply to this discussion, to help others decide!

If you are a regular member, you know that our polls have been weekly polls, for years, but that over the last few months I've been experimenting with changing that. Our poll will be a biweekly poll. Hopefully, that interval will be enough to keep your interest, and also give you enough time to learn it. I plan to announce the winner sometime around Friday, April 9, in the Song A Week Social Group forum.

If you are not yet a member, there's a link at the bottom of this post that will take you there! Please join us over there!

Default Re: Poll for the Song a Week Social Group Week #543

"Sir Charles Coote" was already Song-a-Week 298, in January 2015, with 21 posts at the time of this writing. I'm posting from my phone right now so I can't view videos (one video would use up my entire month's ration of data) so I don't know how many of those videos are still available. Anyway, point being, that tune already exists as Song-a-Week.

Dang it! While I TRY to not let that happen, it has, sadly, more than once (or twice or thrice!) I do ask people to check the official song of the week, before they suggest tunes, but in the end, it's on me, I just depend on them doing it, and don't check for myself! So.... hopefully, enough people will read this, and they won't vote for this tune, but if it does end up winning, I'll just make sure to note it and link the discussions together!

I would say there aren’t an infinitude of tunes, but apparently there are. Even so, I don’t see the harm in a repeat. To err is human...
    Ellis A5 Tradition, Red Diamond F5, Duff F5, D35, Gliga violin.
    http://www.michaelromkey.com
    http://www.bucktownrevue.com