Thread: Weber Maverick electric with funky bridge

Default Weber Maverick electric with funky bridge

I don't know how many Weber Mavericks were made, but my records suggest I've had four of them through my hands. And I don't recall any of them having a bridge like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Maver...QAAOSwN3BgKsWh

I think this is some kind of custom replacement and at least to these eyes, the photo doesn't make it look very becoming. Anyone seen a Maverick with a bridge like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maverick bridge.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	363.9 KB 
ID:	192700
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Bridger Products

Default Re: Weber Maverick electric with funky bridge

Hi Martin,

That was one of the bridges that I made for the Mavericks. I believe that it was one of the later versions as I still have some parts for that style. We didn't do enough Mavericks to get much beyond the prototype stage...

Vern Brekke
    Bridger Products

Thank you, Vern! Sorry if I come across as disparaging ... I'm trying to understand what I'm looking at. Are there posts set into the body with thumbwheels to support the saddle?

Like I said, I've bought & sold four Mavericks. Do you know how many were made?

If the bridge isn't a problem, then the only concern is the chewed-up body points; if I bought this I'd want to have those attended to.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Bridger Products

No problem Martin, it does look a bit chunky but it's not quite as bad in person. The interior of the bridge was brass (might have been a couple made of aluminum) with an ebony cover. The cover was held on with two screws that threaded through the brass/aluminum and used the same threaded adjustment screws that were on the traditional bridges to support the bridge over the mandolin body. As I remember, this bridge was an attempt to cut the cost of the bridges by not having to nickel or gold plate a metal bridge.

I'm not sure exactly how many Mavericks were made but it would not have been more than 10 to 15.

Vern

And, that’s why I love this site! Straight from the mouth (keyboard?) of the man who invented it. So cool! As much time as I spend on here I’m a little surprised that this is the first one I recall seeing. Were the points not so chewed up my lowly (yet oh so fun) Mandobird IV might be taking a back seat...

Martin, thanks for posting, and, Vern, thanks so much for your explanation!
    Chuck