Thread: Tristan Scroggins/Patreon course reviews

Default Tristan Scroggins/Patreon course reviews

I'm interested in taking up some virtual lessons during this pandemic and would like to get feedback and reviews from those of you who have enrolled and participated in the Patreon course offered by Tristan Scroggins. Thanks!

Default Re: Tristan Scroggins/Patreon course reviews

I have been checking out the same thing and would love to hear from someone who has tried it out. I love Tristan's playing.

Thanks,
    Aaron

I do support his (and David Benedict's) Patreon page and I do like it a lot. He offers several levels, is really active in recording songs, offering tabs, making backing tracks and does a livestream each month (of maybe even more often). Lot's of oldtime and/or fiddle tunes, which I like a lot, but also the more well known stuff. His playing is a joy to watch and he breaks down the tunes in a clear and useful way. It's goes from beginner stuff to pretty intermediate/advanced.

For me it's even too much to get it all under my belt, the frequency is high, but I like to pick out the tunes I like the most. Check out the free stuff from his page or start at $5 a month to see if you like it.

Not a lesson, but David and Tristan came up with this incredible video today:

Thanks for the reply and input. I'm going to try his upcoming Zoom workshop and go from there.