Thread: Harmony H1201TG - $68 Tenor Guitar on Craigslist in So. Illinois

Default Harmony H1201TG - $68 Tenor Guitar on Craigslist in So. Illinois

Not mine - NFI

Anyone in Southern Illinois looking for an inexpensive tenor guitar? Have not seen one this cheap in years.

Harmony tenor guitar - $68 (Carbondale)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00x0x_38gNodHURZp_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	190562
    https://carbondale.craigslist.org/ms...247580519.html

Lord of All Badgers Lord of the Badgers's Avatar

Default Re: Harmony H1201TG - $68 Tenor Guitar on Craigslist in So. Illin

Wow!!!!

When I was on Facebook i used to browse the small ads. If i spotted something going for too little and the ad owner seemed legit enough (how can you tell right?) i would message them to point out they'd underpriced.

One woman wanted to give away some napoleonic scrimshaw (she had no idea what it was) for 10 for example. I've seen it go for $300 online.
    The other was a whacky 60s electric guitar - the model of which the likes of George Harrison cut their teeth on... was worth rather more than the lady was advertising it for.
    My name is Rob, and I am Lord of All Badgers

Tenor Guitars: Acoustic: Mcilroy ASP10T, 59 Martin 0-18t. Electric: 57 Gibson ETG-150, 80s Manson Kestrel
    Mandolins: Davidson f5, A5 "Badgerlin".
    Bouzouki: Paul Shippey Axe
    My band's website

I picked this one up today. The owner had an appointment in St. Louis so we met. It's very clean and structurally sound, but does need a significant amount of work. The bridge has a few cracks, any of which alone would be very repairable, but I'll just make a new bridge for it. The neck is bowed and probably needs a reset. The fingerboard is pretty dried out so most likely I'll make a new fb and put a carbon fiber bar in the neck. The pick guard is in great shape, but about halfway unattached. Since I will do the work, the price was more than fair.

I have another just like it that was in nearly the same shape, but much rougher condition. I did all of the above repairs to it and it is a sweet little tenor. I may get around to shaving the huge braces on both of them some day.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Mendel For This Useful Post:

Default Harmony H1201TG

How about posting some pictures please Joe? I'd appreciate seeing your work.

Huck

It will be a while before I get to it, I'm buried under repairs. I will get to it though, and I'll post pictures.

7. The following members say thank you to Joe Mendel for this post:

Huck