Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breedlove AM OF

Default Re: Breedlove AM OF

I agree with you Jamie that the plain colour ones look better. I like the non-conventional looks too. They play really nicely too.
    Nic Gellie

Maybe the KF is more like an FF in build. If that is the case the neck profile is probably different to that of an OO, KO, or OF. It is certainly different in my FF compared to its oval hole sister. The FF is more of a V shape and chunkier than the KO which is more rounded.
    Nic Gellie

Several years ago, when looking for my first mandolin, I followed this forums advice to look for a used A style in order to get the best bang for my buck. I wound up with an ‘09 Oregon Breedlove A style, f-hole for $600. I’ve been very satisfied with it and while I like the look of an F style, I don’t feel the need for an upgrade.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunnyf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyf View Post
    Several years ago, when looking for my first mandolin, I followed this forums advice to look for a used A style in order to get the best bang for my buck. I wound up with an ‘09 Oregon Breedlove A style, f-hole for $600. I’ve been very satisfied with it and while I like the look of an F style, I don’t feel the need for an upgrade.
    I don't feel the need for an upgrade either. I am surprised as to how good they play and sound. I have both an oval hole and a f-hole model. I use them in different ways and for different musical styles. The FF has an amazing clear tone - good for single clear notes and fast runs. The oval hole is great for sustain in folk songs of any genre.
    Nic Gellie