Thread: Mandola cases

Default Mandola cases

No financial interest here.

I know that mandola cases are a constant struggle for builders. I just noticed that the folks over at Intermountain Guitar and Banjo in Salt Lake have a Cedar Creek and a Weber mandola case shown on their websites for fair prices and wanted to pass it on.

http://www.guitarandbanjo.com/invent...ases%2C%20Misc.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j. condino For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mandola cases

OK, so that is a bit odd. They are on the "swap meet" page. I was able to see it from their website, but when I copy and paste it here the link will not go. Maybe one of the more savy web folks or mods can correct it. 'Still good cases for a good price...

Let's try this one.

If that had been an F model case it would already be gone.
    "Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them". These are the words of J. Garber.

5. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

Blog Entries

They're gone now I laid my eye on them a few days ago and need one for sure, if you all need one there is one at Gryphon for a deal NFI!

The one at Gryphon is a great deal as well.

The one at Intermountain Guitar is still on the website. Did you call?
    "Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them". These are the words of J. Garber.

Quote Originally Posted by j. condino View Post
    OK, so that is a bit odd. They are on the "swap meet" page. I was able to see it from their website, but when I copy and paste it here the link will not go. Maybe one of the more savy web folks or mods can correct it. 'Still good cases for a good price...
    James: I think if you just paste the link the forum software shortens a long URL rendering it useless.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    2018 Campanella A-5 -- 2007 Brentrup A4C -- 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin -- Huss & Dalton DS -- 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead -- '83 Flatiron A5-2 -- 1939 Gibson L-00 -- 1936 Epiphone Deluxe -- 1928 Gibson L-5 -- ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo -- ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo -- ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo -- National RM-1

9. The following members say thank you to Jim Garber for this post:

Both cases at Intermountain are spoken for, according to a phone call I just made.

The Gryphon case doesn't fit a vintage Gibson according to Gryphon. I asked about that one a while back.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy Wood Thormahlen Andersen Bacorn Yanuziello Fender National Gibson Franke Fuchs Aceto Three Hungry Pit Bulls

11. The following members say thank you to mrmando for this post:

Blog Entries

I snapped them up from Leo many days ago for my 24 TL conversions, the neat news is, I'll have an extra original 20's A Dola case and perhaps one of these?

13. The following members say thank you to William Smith for this post:

Blog Entries

Does anyone just happen to have plans for building an H-4 /H-5 style mandola case? I would prefer to build a shaped mandola case but oblong is OK to start with.
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

I bought a second hand Eastman 615 mandola which came with it's own Eastman case, I don't know if they are available separately.

Dave H
    Eastman 615 mandola
    2011 Weber Bitteroot A5
    2012 Weber Bitteroot F5
    Eastman MD 915V
    Gibson F9
    2016 Capek ' Bob ' standard scale tenor banjo
    Ibanez Artist 5 string
    2001 Paul Shippey oval hole

The best I can find in the UK/ EU is a hard foam case for an A shape mandola. I recently bought one from Thomann in Germany for 80 Euros - a lot for a foam case but there is no real alternative. It fits my 16 inch scale length Girouard mandola easily and quite well, with some spare room for a 17 or possibly 18 inch scale mandola. It was delivered very quickly at a cost of 8 Euros. If you want one in the UK you had better act fast before EU imports become costlier and slower.
    Anglocelt
    mainly Irish & Scottish but open to all dance-oriented melodic music.
    Mandos: Gibson A2, Mike Black A4, Taran Springwell, Shippey Rosewood; TM and OM by J E Dallas (London) & Davidson.

Blog Entries

Out of the ones I scored I kept the Cedar Creek Dola case as that was perfect for my project, the original 20's Geib that came with my busted 2 TL to Dola convert just went bye, the NOS Weber Dola was sent away so now I'm debating as they are so tough to find and I have a 30's harder chipboard Italian case by "Gas Light" Has anyone ever heard of that company? Strange name right!