Thread: Regal Tenor in Want Ads

Default Regal Tenor in Want Ads

I have no financial interest in this....but snap this thing up if you want a fantastic 21" scale instrument. I have mine tuned CGDA. I went through a couple base level ones to finally get my upper level one (Spruce over Cuban Mahog). Otherwise..........it would be gone.

Default Re: Regal Tenor in Want Ads

Posting a link would help in letting us know what you are talking about.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Charles...sorry. Cafe ads. Posted today.

4. The following members say thank you to ajh for this post:

Here it is...

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/161123#161123

Years ago I had one of the koa wood models. It was a cool little instrument but needed a neck reset so I let it go.
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Ooh, if I was in the States I'd buy this in a heartbeat!
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

My SS Stewart branded version of this looks exactly the same, and I gather was made by Regal. It's a fun instrument and I love the short scale and small body. As the seller in this ad says, it has a funky tone that's sort of banjo like. It's not a heavily built instrument - mine has a little bit of top sinkage with 40-26-16-10 strings tuned CGDA, but has been stable with that. I agree with OP ajh that this is a fantastic little instrument.

I recognize that tenor! I sold it to John a while back. It’s a terrific little instrument. I picked it up when I was getting into tenors because I wasn't sure the 23” scale was for me. If I hadn’t needed to fund the purchase of my ‘35 Cromwell tenor, I probably wouldn’t have sold it. Looks like John has upgraded the tuners and bridge and tailpiece from the non-original ones that were on it when I had it, which will only make it a better instrument. It’s a fantastic guitar! You cannot believe how much sound comes out of that little thing. Every spot on that guitar is alive when you strum it.

NFI, but if you have been looking for a short scale tenor this is your chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mreidsma View Post
    I recognize that tenor! I sold it to John a while back. It’s a terrific little instrument. I picked it up when I was getting into tenors because I wasn't sure the 23” scale was for me. If I hadn’t needed to fund the purchase of my ‘35 Cromwell tenor, I probably wouldn’t have sold it. Looks like John has upgraded the tuners and bridge and tailpiece from the non-original ones that were on it when I had it, which will only make it a better instrument. It’s a fantastic guitar! You cannot believe how much sound comes out of that little thing. Every spot on that guitar is alive when you strum it.

NFI, but if you have been looking for a short scale tenor this is your chance.
    Note that this is a 21" scale not 23". I originally did not post a link to the item because I didn't want my post to be considered a "lead in" to help the seller but rather a notice for someone looking (a buyer). A subtle thing.....but still.

10. The following members say thank you to ajh for this post:

Yes’ - I wasn’t clear in my post but my point was I originally thought a 23” scale would be too long, so I got the Regal because I thought a 21” scale would be an easier adjustment. It was, but in the end I decided to go with longer scale tenors.

My comments on the history of this particular guitar are not to help the seller, but to help any prospective buyer.

-M

I just saw this thread this morning. I am the seller and the guitar has sold, with 48 hour approval pending. Yep, I love the spruce top Regals presuming they have been cured of any problems like neck resets or whatever. I just wanted to clarify that the reason I sold this one was that I happened on a higher level model with Cuban mahogany back, sides and neck and a spruce top with inlaid pickguard. And other than having bought this simpler one from mreidsma (thanks!), I don't know you other people at all. I like these with a Bart banjo bridge for GDAE tuning for picking Irish tunes. They, at least in GDAE, kinda suck for strumming chords, at least to my ear, but for jigs and reels where you need to be a LITTLE quieter than a tenor banjo, yeah, that's the stuff.
    John Liestman -
    Eye new ewe wood lye kit!

13. The following members say thank you to liestman for this post: