Thread: The El Rey's Humbucker shines!

Default The El Rey's Humbucker shines!

I've had an Eastman El Rey ER-M for less than a week. Lovin' it! I got the ER-M to record directly into a DAW.

It looks great, plays great, and the sound is superb. I'm playing it through a couple different amp/effect modelers on my Mac and iPad. I tend toward a clean sound with some delay and reverb. The Humbucker can really sound awesome adding a bit of boost. A lot of sustain potential.

Does it have a true Mandolin sound? I don't think so. Close. The range is there. Using it to take advantage of the Humbucker with effects is where it shines, IMO.

Peace.
    --

2021 Eastman MD505
    2000 Master Works hammered dulcimer
    1953 Body

Default Re: The El Rey's Humbucker shines!

Randy, I've got one too and I'm also a big fan. Super fun. I would say it does as good a job as I hoped at maintaining its mandolin character, especially when clean. I don't think you'd mistake it for a tele. An added bonus is that because has little to no acoustic projection, it's great to practice on quietly in the house when need be. Enjoy...

3. The following members say thank you to jones for this post:

Add me to the new owner list! I got mine a few weeks ago, and holy cow! Sustain for days, and just a lot of fun to pick up and play.

5. The following members say thank you to artguy for this post:

I love mine. I don't see them on the Eastman website anymore. Are they still making them?

Quote Originally Posted by Merula View Post
    I love mine. I don't see them on the Eastman website anymore. Are they still making them?
    Still there: https://www.eastmanguitars.com/mandolin_cousins
    --

2021 Eastman MD505
    2000 Master Works hammered dulcimer
    1953 Body