Thread: RAG Mandolin review

Default RAG Mandolin review

Been a long time since I posted!! My mandolin playing had been pretty dormant but during Covid I started up a new band and I started mixing mandolin back into my life.

I had sold my good stuff and was just left with a Kentucky KM 150 which is fine but wanted something a bit better.

I read some reviews of RAG mandolins and decided to take a chance. Very glad that I did!!!

I had heard that fit and finish were not the real focus but they are good sounding and playing mandolins. I am probably the minority but I don't mind if binding etc is a little rough. I enjoy playing a great sounding instrument.

The fit and finish is nothing perfect but totally cool for me. I love the way it looks.

Sound- wow......wow. It has a very strong chop and a great clear tone. Regardless here are a couple of pics and videos for those who want to hear it.

https://business.facebook.com/101676...9302800680766/

If you ffwd this to the last song you can get a good feel for it on Galway Girl which was last

https://www.facebook.com/bttahern/vi...23167892641989

If you are considering a new mandolin give RAG a look because it doesn't break the bank!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4747 copy.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	853.5 KB 
ID:	193346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4830 copy.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	193347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4748 copy.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	919.8 KB 
ID:	193348
    June Mandolin #52 x-braced
    The Loar LM 220
    Kentucky KM 150
    Gibson 1951 SJ(Guitar)
    www.americanthread.bandcamp.com

2. The following members say thank you to bttahern for this post:

Default Re: RAG Mandolin review

I've had mine for about a month and love it.

Default Re: RAG Mandolin review

Likewise, I bought a used A-style from a member here a few weeks ago, and am really enjoying it.