Thread: Pomeroy Website Hacked?

Default Pomeroy Website Hacked?

I've been trying to check out new Pomeroy mandolins, and for the last few days at least, his web address comes up with "health" products for men. Anyone have an email address for him, Don, I think it is?

Thanks,
    Parker

Default Re: Pomeroy Website Hacked?

Try clicking on this link: http://pomeroyinstruments.com/
    Or just type in "pomeroyinstruments.com" into the browser box. It worked for me just now.
    On the other hand, if you go through Google, you wind up with that health products site you mentioned (I reproduced your result).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sblock For This Useful Post:

Going through the Builders Database will get you there as well.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin...search=pomeroy

It's not his website doing that, It's a Google issue.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

5. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

Clear your cache
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobar View Post
    Clear your cache
    That isn't the issue, I'd never been to either the men's health site or the Pomeroy site and I duplicated it as well. The first time I saw this Loudloar was chasing down the same sort of issue with his vintage case site. The last time it happened on another friend's site I finally got through to Google and they resolved it.

Not that you shouldn't clear your cache. Mine clears every time I close the browser.

If you Google the problem every thread is closed, every answer is "Your site is hacked" and Google never says anything about the issue. I think it's a problem they don't really want to expand on.
    Last edited by MikeEdgerton; Sep-06-2020 at 9:11pm.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

8. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

Great! Thanks for the links. I was just going through google as mentioned above.

Wow - it is hacked. I picked up one of his A ovals. Amazing sounding. I have big fingers though and his scale is slightly shorter - so that is the only downside for me. But the sound of it - is exquisite!!! I hope someone gets through to one of them at the shop about their website!

Blog Entries

Different plausible reason: the redirect is based on referrer and much more likely a problem at site level, not multiple search engines. The Cafe's link is no different than anyone else's but you get redirects from Google, Bing and Yahoo. Did not from Duck Duck Go or Baidu. I looked at a couple other and they've already picked up the results of the redirect. A smart hack isn't going to redirect every single click from everywhere which would be too obvious and tip too many people off, but just a few specific places where it matters. WordPress is a very popular target.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Sep-08-2020 at 7:28am.

I got to the site through the link in sblock's post.

And might just add that I've had my Pomeroy oval for a short time now. A very beautiful instrument with a superb sound.
    Cary Fagan

Thank you for alerting us to the fact that there is an issue - as of this moment the issue has been solved. Thank you for your interest and please feel free to point your web browser to http://pomeroyinstruments.com.
    Last edited by hilltop_yodeler; Sep-08-2020 at 7:12pm.

I'm happy you got it fixed. I tried a google search again and got through to your site this time. The spam version still shows up as an option, but it's no longer an issue.