Thread: Help Finding Chris Thile Tab: Leading Off

Default Help Finding Chris Thile Tab: Leading Off

Hey All -

Need help finding tab for Thile’s first album, “Leading Off”. It was a Mel Bay publication, but appears to be out of print. If anyone knows a source or has one to sell, please let me know. Thank you!
    Gilchrist F5 Mandolin #273, 1993, built for Tom Rozum
    Apitius Vanguard F5 Custom Mandolin 2019
    White Mandola (custom build, expected April, 2023)
    Sumi Sullivan F-5 Mandolin 2003
    Weber Diamondback Octave F-Style Mandolin 2014
    Flatiron Cadet “Army-Navy” Flat Top Mandolin 1987
    Martin HD-28V Guitar 2004

Default Re: Help Finding Chris Thile Tab: Leading Off

"your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Thanks Mandobar - unfortunately that link takes me to the audio CD, not the Mel Bay book. I’m hoping to get Chris’s tab for his specific rendition of Panhandle Rag as played on Leading Off. If anyone has a copy, I’d be willing to pay a sweet price. I’d even settle for a PDF copy or a download if there is one out there. Help!
    Gilchrist F5 Mandolin #273, 1993, built for Tom Rozum
    Apitius Vanguard F5 Custom Mandolin 2019
    White Mandola (custom build, expected April, 2023)
    Sumi Sullivan F-5 Mandolin 2003
    Weber Diamondback Octave F-Style Mandolin 2014
    Flatiron Cadet “Army-Navy” Flat Top Mandolin 1987
    Martin HD-28V Guitar 2004

Blog Entries

I'd suggest a want ad in the Classifieds would generate a few folks that may have a copy and willing to part with.

If you have Tabledit, there is a trancription based on Thile's arrangement on Mandozine.com: http://www.mandozine.com/music/searc...rder=A&submit=

Quote Originally Posted by mandoglobal View Post
    Thanks Mandobar - unfortunately that link takes me to the audio CD, not the Mel Bay book. I’m hoping to get Chris’s tab for his specific rendition of Panhandle Rag as played on Leading Off. If anyone has a copy, I’d be willing to pay a sweet price. I’d even settle for a PDF copy or a download if there is one out there. Help!
    The book was there yesterday morning, but unfortunately someone grabbed it. To my knowledge Biblio is a book resource. I’ve not encountered any CDs for sale on their database. I’d keep an eye out there. Eventually another copy will get listed.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

As a kid in the 60's I ordered a Jimi Hendrix songbook in hopes of learning his technique with all the flair, panache, and zeitgeist.....

unfortunately, it only showed me where the notes were..........

still a little disappointed and it applies to so many other things in life, it seems.

8. The following members say thank you to Jeff Mando for this post: