Thread: Weber Custom Vintage

Robbie

Default Weber Custom Vintage

Hi Folks i was wondering how much to sell my Weber custom Vintage A oval hole mandolin in excellent condition which has been sitting unused in its case for two years I cant seem to find one on line to give me an idea of its worth any help is appreciated.

My Florida is scooped pheffernan's Avatar

Default Re: Weber Custom Vintage

The Mandolin Store just had one listed for $2499. Now asking and getting are two different things, and they’re an established shop rather than a private seller, so I’d expect something a bit less here. But mandolins tend to trade at somewhat higher prices in Europe.
    1924 Gibson A Snakehead
    2005 National RM-1
    2007 Hester A5
    2009 Passernig A5
    2015 Black A2-z
    2010 Black GBOM
    2017 Poe Scout
    2014 Smart F-Style Mandola
    2018 Vessel TM5
    2019 Hogan F5

I think the vintage A on TMS had a major finish blemish but it seems to have sold quickly.

4. The following members say thank you to Bob Buckingham for this post:

Is it a Montana-made Vintage A? Also, is it one of the old wood Vintage As (that great stash of very old wood Bruce used for this model)? If so, $2,500 seems perhaps a bit low. I sold one some time ago for that price. It was a great mandolin. This one could make someone very happy.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

Robbie

Hi Bob, This is an old wood vintage A made in Logan Montana signed by Bruce Weber i bought it from Pete Martin it is beautiful. I have not seen any on the internet recently so i gather people must be hanging on to them.

Quote Originally Posted by morghath View Post
    Hi Bob, This is an old wood vintage A made in Logan Montana signed by Bruce Weber i bought it from Pete Martin it is beautiful. I have not seen any on the internet recently so i gather people must be hanging on to them.
    Good for you, that is a really nice instrument. It was one of the higher-end Webers. People do hang onto these, as I should have.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

Robbie

Bob, In hindsight i can think of several instruments i should have kept and for one reason or another sold them. Now i try to only hold instruments i use frequently. Sometimes GAS and MAS takes over my wife says if i buy more instruments then one should go to make room i tend to agree with her.

Quote Originally Posted by morghath View Post
    Bob, In hindsight i can think of several instruments i should have kept and for one reason or another sold them. Now i try to only hold instruments i use frequently.
    If finances or living space are an issue, that’s a great approach. Otherwise, you run the risk of adding to that list of instruments you should have kept.
    still trying to turn dreams into memories