Thread: Will installing K&K pickup in a Weber Sage #1 OM decrease value?

Default Will installing K&K pickup in a Weber Sage #1 OM decrease value?

I really want to get a pickup installed in my Weber Sage #1 octave mandolin for recording, but before I have it done professionally, will doing so decrease the value of the instrument or somehow wreck it in a way? Just want to get opinions here before I have that done. Thank you!

Default Re: Will installing K&K pickup in a Weber Sage #1 OM decrease val

It may void your warranty, not sure about the value, I’m sure someone here will know that.

However, if you contact K&K, ask them if they make a carpenter jack that will fit it. That way you won’t have to have anyone drill it and cause any potential value decrease or damage. They are great!

Default Re: Will installing K&K pickup in a Weber Sage #1 OM decrease val

There are a lot of expensive instruments with pickups installed. If you are buying one and want a pickup it should have no difference, and may be a plus. If you are buying a collector instrument it might be a detriment. You won't get what you paid for it, and while it is yours you may as well enjoy it the way you want. I don't think about what will happen if I do something to an instrument when I sell it. If you plan on selling it don't do it and get something with a pickup, if you like it and don't plan to sell it put the pickup in and enjoy it.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!