Thread: Kudos to Derek at Northfield Mandolins

Default Kudos to Derek at Northfield Mandolins

As an ex-business owner I sometimes miss the days of being able to truly serve my clients. I valued my relationships with these people even more than the money that they spent and because of this I feel I know what it takes to make a business successful and keep it growing. It's all about service... it's all about trust and, above all else, it about our old friend "The Golden Rule" - do unto others as you would have them do unto you - or something like that! Not sure if I got those words right...

But words and actions go a long way in my book... and that's why I would like to send a big "THANK-YOU" to Derek at Northfield. Not only is he a great mandolin player and craftsman, he is a good, honest person and a real straight-shooter. Actually that's true of the whole Northfield crew. But as it was Derek that helped me with a particular request that was fulfilled in a timely fashion and with great communication throughout... well, I just have to say I find it remarkable the lengths he went through to make sure that I was not only a satisfied customer, but a satisfied musician as well.

There are a lot of reasons why Northfield has been and continues to be the amazing mandolin success story that it is. For my money Derek is one of those reasons. So thanks again Big D... you are the man!

2. The following members say thank you to Glassweb for this post:

Default Re: Kudos to Derek at Northfield Mandolins

totally agree, those folks at NF have it going on in all areas. I've always felt very secure in any purchase of anything NF because they will take care of the customer fully, and quickly. Plus, they are very accessible.

d

4. The following members say thank you to darylcrisp for this post:

I met Derek at the Marshall Mandolin Summit a few years ago, a good guy indeed. No real transactions with him or anything, just chatting but definitely a down to earth guy happy to be doing something he loves. At least that was my impression
    I should be pickin' rather than postin'

Quote Originally Posted by Glassweb View Post
    As an ex-business owner I sometimes miss the days of being able to truly serve my clients. I valued my relationships with these people even more than the money that they spent and because of this I feel I know what it takes to make a business successful and keep it growing. It's all about service... it's all about trust and, above all else, it about our old friend "The Golden Rule" - do unto others as you would have them do unto you - or something like that! Not sure if I got those words right...

But words and actions go a long way in my book... and that's why I would like to send a big "THANK-YOU" to Derek at Northfield. Not only is he a great mandolin player and craftsman, he is a good, honest person and a real straight-shooter. Actually that's true of the whole Northfield crew. But as it was Derek that helped me with a particular request that was fulfilled in a timely fashion and with great communication throughout... well, I just have to say I find it remarkable the lengths he went through to make sure that I was not only a satisfied customer, but a satisfied musician as well.

There are a lot of reasons why Northfield has been and continues to be the amazing mandolin success story that it is. For my money Derek is one of those reasons. So thanks again Big D... you are the man!
    My experience has been that if the product is exceptional, the folks standing behind the product typically are as well.
    "I actually wanted to be a drummer, but I didn't have any drums." - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Northfield F5S "Blacktop", K&K Pickup