Thread: found a set of Tuners with inlaid Handel knob FS if anyone needs

Default found a set of Tuners with inlaid Handel knob FS if anyone needs

NFI

browsing one of my favorite "flys under the radar" shop in Elkins Wva for a special banjo(found one!), and glanced at the mandolin section.

I've purchased 3 instruments from Smalula Fretted instruments and all three although old(late 1800 to early 1900 eras), all had been worked over and went thru and all 3 work and play great. I have huge respect/expectations for anything coming out of that shop.

here are the tuners(8th item in the list below) and they will be found in the mandolin section-some neat mandolin offerings as well.

http://www.smakula.com/Mandolins.html

"Circa 1918 Gibson F model mandolin Tuners with inlaid Handel knobs. A rare offering for a very desirable and hard to find part. Make your Gibson F-4 or F-2 100% again with these tuners. They are almost 100 year old and there is a certain amount of slop in the gearing, but they will hold tune as well as any. of a similar vintage Pictures are exactly what you will get. There are no peghead bushings or attachment screws included or available. Price is $500. Photos"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4MandoTuners1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	187310

Name:	F4MandoTuners2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	187311

Name:	F4MandoTuners3.jpg