Thread: Music Stand Light

Registered User Sherry Cadenhead's Avatar

Default Music Stand Light

I have a Lepower LED music stand light with 3 settings. After a few years of use, the bulb has gotten dim and I've replaced the light. Is the old one trash or is there a way to restore its brightness?

Default Re: Music Stand Light

Sherry, I am guessing the rechargeable battery is not holding a charge anymore. They say it can't be replaced. I like taking things apart so I would try, but wouldn't be easy as they most likely glued it together. You would have to know the voltage of the battery and find something equal that would fit the space. Won't be rechargeable anymore. Then again it could be it's not recharging. Hard to say without taking it apart and measuring.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Thanks, pops1. It's been plugged in the whole time I've owned it. Should have mentioned that.

Yea it would have been better to use it and charge it and use it and charge it. Hind sight is a wonderful thing. I left my laptop plugged in all the time and the battery didn't last long. Now I charge and use.

If it is dim while plugged in, the battery is not the culprit.

LED lamps fade over time.

6. The following members say thank you to keme for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by pops1 View Post
    Yea it would have been better to use it and charge it and use it and charge it. Hind sight is a wonderful thing. I left my laptop plugged in all the time and the battery didn't last long. Now I charge and use.
    So I suppose this is a separate issue. I shouldn't leave my new one plugged in all the time - if I want to preserve the battery.

Quick tip related to recharging batteries in laptops--if you're wanting to maximize life, charge to 85ish%, let it run down to 35ish%, then rinse, repeat.

I know, not strictly on-topic. But I'm a bit of a tech guy, and since laptops were mentioned, I figured I'd pass along some knowledge I've gained. Battery seems to last a whole heckuvalot longer doing it that way.

That said, if you're using a gaming laptop, expect diminishing returns. Soon as you unplug it, all your hardware gets throttled to save juice, so you won't really be doing much gaming unplugged.

As to music stand lights and batteries... if you've already got a new one, could always take the old one apart to tinker with it just for the gits and shiggles. Always fun to learn about new electronics!
    Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.-Geralt of Rivia

Serve... Save... Slave... Slay... I've sins aplenty, aye. But regrets? Not so much.-Fray Myste

It's the best and strongest steel that goes through the hottest fires.-Me

You may try replacing the bulb.