Thread: purchase for social distancing

Default purchase for social distancing

I have a Phoenix, but wanted a knock-around mandolin to play with my friends outdoors. I bought a 1983 flatiron pancake and had the seller install KK internal pickup. With the small Phil Jones Cub amp, I can stand 30 feet away and play loud and clear. The benefit of the cub amp is that it is small and light. Also, it turns out that the flatiron mandolin is pretty loud without amplification. Then I missed my Phoenix so bought a Myers feather external microphone which needed a impedance transformer to talk to my amp. That also work out very well. There are eight of us playing in my parking area outdoors in a circle, at least 12 feet apart. Just thought I would pass the word on the successful purchases for social distancing. Stay healthy.

2. The following members say thank you to Lorraine Fox for this post:

Default Re: purchase for social distancing

It's great when you can get in some appropriately-distanced picking these days!

We've been doing a couple of small farmers markets. A 6 foot jam with 3-5 folks. More than that and it gets hard to hear when keeping social distancing.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Thanks for the report, Lorraine.

Phil Jones amps are brilliant. I have his ‘double four’ bass combo that’s shoebox size (only 8 pounds) 2x4” speakers that are so full and clear...it’s mind boggling. ‘Bad bunny’ sounds great through it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	873D8DE6-0AAE-460C-BAC1-AE1C22792FB9.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	694.9 KB 
ID:	187095