Thread: Price? If I could find one

Default Price? If I could find one

Years ago I was trying to learn mandolin, then had a hand injury and gave up.
    At the time I had a A Style Washburn from the early 80s and a Flatiron Performer A.I had traded in a Weber Y2K on the Flatiron.Unfortunately I sold the Flatiron, which of course I’ve come to regret.

Now, since the pandemic I’ve returned to the mandolin. I’m using the Washburn.Really starting from scratch because it’s been so long. I’m using lessons from the Online Academy of Irish Music for lessons and Aidan Crossey’s website for inspiration. Happy to say I’m making some progress.
    Now of course I’ve got a hankering for a new mando. My plan is to give the online lessons a year and save up for another mandolin to reward myself for a year of discipline.
    So, if I could find one of these, what would be the going rate for: a Flatiron Performer A,
    A Weber Hyalite or a Weber Y2K? Just don’t see them in the classifieds or any where else very much

Default Re: Price? If I could find one

Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Garber For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Price? If I could find one

Thanks Jim
    I look at the elderly sight almost daily, did this morning and didn’t see it. That is what I sold mine for 12 years ago, so that’s good to know.
    Not likely to buy right now, but good to know