Thread: Brazilian Bandolim

Default Brazilian Bandolim

I'm looking to buy a Brazilian bandolim. Any suggestions as to where they are available?
    Joe Zingsheim

Default Re: Brazilian Bandolim

I didn't see any on Google, so maybe a boat trip is in order
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

We do have the Bandolim Eye Candy page however I am not sure how up to date things are. Some of the makers are not building. For instance, I have a Manoel Andrade bandolim but I believe he passed away a few years ago.

These are the builders listed in Brazil in the builders' database.

Also: what level of quality are you looking for? Some of the Giannini's or Rozini's might be good enough but otherwise you probably want a handmade one from one of the shops in Rio or São Paulo.

BTW since you are in Milwaukee, do you know Linda Binder? She is an excellent American mandolinst on your city who plays choro. Perhaps she knows of a bandolim for sale. My guess is that you already do know her if you are interested in choro.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Garber For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jzings View Post
    I'm looking to buy a Brazilian bandolim. Any suggestions as to where they are available?
    Hi, I'm a builder located in Montreal Canada and I do build custom bandolims. You can Email me for more details here kazourian.luthier@gmail.com

Also, here's my website address but my bandolims aren't listed in it at the moment.
    www.kazourian-luthier.com

Thanks !

6. The following members say thank you to kazourian.luthier for this post:

https://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/bandolim#D[A:bandolim]
    An equivalent of ebay in Brazil (use at your own risk).

8. The following members say thank you to vic-victor for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by kazourian.luthier View Post
    Hi, I'm a builder located in Montreal Canada and I do build custom bandolims. You can Email me for more details here kazourian.luthier@gmail.com

Also, here's my website address but my bandolims aren't listed in it at the moment.
    www.kazourian-luthier.com

Thanks !
    That is very exciting, Théo. Can you post some photos of your bandolims? I also love the look of your guitars especially the Gypsy Parlor model.
    Last edited by Jim Garber; Jun-02-2019 at 11:35am.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Quote Originally Posted by vic-victor View Post
    https://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/bandolim#D[A:bandolim]
    An equivalent of ebay in Brazil (use at your own risk).
    Rozini and Giannini are the lower end priced instruments. Many are laminated. I have cavaquinhos by those companies. The Rozini I have is laminated but the Giannini is all solid woods and the top of their line.

Here is a sold style 5 Giannini bandolim.

It looks like Giannini might be in transition in terms of distribution in the US: Giannini website

They only seem to have the highest model on their website: BSM-5EQ
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:

11. The following members say thank you to Jim Garber for this post:

Were you still looking for a bandolim? I have a nice rosewood model made by the great luthier Pedro Santos I'm considering selling. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DGmando View Post
    Were you still looking for a bandolim? I have a nice rosewood model made by the great luthier Pedro Santos I'm considering selling. Thanks.
    I might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DGmando View Post

Hi, I might be interested if it still available. Is to 8 or 10/strings. I'm just scoping it out right now but could be interested.

Best,

Tom

Chief Moderator/Shepherd Ted Eschliman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Please limit commerce and individual sales to Classifieds as per Forum Guidelines.