Thread: Martin Style 15 repair

Default Martin Style 15 repair

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2170ECC5-6E11-4999-98ED-15BA9A0E0B9E.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	974.8 KB 
ID:	186728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D084E97B-A373-40BD-9FA1-48E244361ECD.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	970.3 KB 
ID:	186729

I aquired this Martin from the classifieds last week and I’m quite smitten. Rare, but not too valuable. It plays nice with a light touch, but the frets are quite worn so there’s some buzzing when I push it. It has a two piece unoriginal adjustable rosewood bridge that’s sagging a bit.

I’d like to get a one piece ebony bridge that’s similar to what was originally used, get the frets leveled and dressed and have it set up to play. I’m not a collector and not looking to resell. I just want this to play as best as possible. I’m in the Philadelphia, PA suburbs and was thinking of calling Vintage Instruments to do the work.

Any advice welcome. I don’t want to ship for repairs, but I’m willing to drive a couple/few hours.

Default Re: Martin Style 15 repair

I would assume Fred can do that in house and if not he would tell you who to take it to. He's nice guy. If not then I'd call Brother's up in Windgap. Dave and Rich both worked at Martin and they are good at what they do.

https://www.brothersmusicshop.com/
    "Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them". These are the words of J. Garber.

Default Re: Martin Style 15 repair

Thanks Mike! I value your opinion. Iíve browsed at Vintage Instruments for guitars in the past, but havenít been there in a long while. Iíll keep Brothers in my sights. Thanks!