Thread: Setting a tablesaw fence with digital calipers

Default Setting a tablesaw fence with digital calipers

I know this could be a little flashier (maybe later), but it works. I can use this handy little jig to accurately set my fence to a thousandth of an inch. As well, it works to calibrate the fence so that it is parallel to the blade.

Default Re: Setting a tablesaw fence with digital calipers

Nice! I have a spare HF caliper I could leave setup like this.
    Richard Hutchings

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hutchings View Post
    Nice! I have a spare HF caliper I could leave setup like this.
    Great. The thing I like about this project is that it is very useful while being a fairly quick build.

Might want to mention that the generation of cheapo digital calipers I have keep their last reading/zero after the off button turns off the display but battery drain continues. That is, the chip is still running. This uses up batteries, seemingly much faster than say, in a watch. My ‘fix’ is a little crude, involving a thin insulator, so all things considered, better to have a caliper that’s better designed. Good dial calipers, especially long-scale, are also inexpensive - and hold readings!

I've had my HF ones for a year now without changing the battery. I also have the StewMac ones along with some vernier style, they're practically useless at my age.
    Richard Hutchings