Thread: "Fretboard Success" with Magnus

Default "Fretboard Success" with Magnus

Sat in on his Zoom hour yesterday (along with 200 others), and took advantage of his sale price on his "Fretboard Success" program.

Anyone else here enroll in it?

Default Re: "Fretboard Success" with Magnus

Hi John, I enrolled straight away, it is a worthwhile program. What did you think of today’s lesson on Chords and Inversions?

For those of you not in the class, this is a six week program. The format is this: a new topic is presented each Monday and there is a live follow-up Zoom meeting every Friday for questions, answers and more demonstrations. Magnus has broken his fretboard knowledge program into manageable chunks with plenty of demonstrations and worksheets to make the concepts easier to understand and the knowledge stick. I liked Magnus’ comment today, he said, some of the lessons will make your head hurt, I’m here to TEACH you NOT ENTERTAIN you! The program requires diligent study and daily practice. Patterns, scales, chord theory, and knowing which finger is on which note or degree of the chord is essential to intermediate or advanced mandolin playing. It requires some hard work. I’m confident it will pay big benefits. The course is not geared to a particular genre of music so it will be useful everywhere. The course assumes that you already have an understanding of the basic mechanics of mandolin playing and wish to expand your fretboard knowledge.

Here is the syllabus.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	849BF3F2-5956-4BBA-B452-B87D74774268.jpeg 
Views:	173 
Size:	674.4 KB 
ID:	186633

Mark in MD
    Mark Lynch

Mark -

I am finding the course incredibly valuable.

It is giving me useful information presented in a way that allows me to employ it fairly rapidly.

That being said, it is making my brain boil! I just watched the first few elements of today's lesson and will be practicing them shortly. I'll finish up the remainder in the morning and spend the rest of the week getting ready for Thursday's coaching call.

It is amazing to me the wide variety of knowledge brought by the participants. It's great.

I was one of the fortunate ones to make it in under the wire and have the personal lesson with Magnus coming up in about a week and a half. I'm excited about it.

Magnus presents the material in a way that is easy to understand and apply. I'm glad I jumped into the class, not knowing if it was right for me. I'm glad I took the leap.

He's a great instructor.

John

I'm not in this one but I've sat in on a bunch of Magnus' live stuff. He's a great guy and great teacher. Very passionate about helping others improve!
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

I agree with that 100%.

He has a great way of explaining complex concepts simply.