Thread: Advise on a Webcam

Default Advise on a Webcam

Did some solo live broadcast for a few months an really enjoyed that. Now thinking of getting together with a friend and doing some duo broadcasts. Any suggestions for a webcam that will pick up two people 6' feet apart?
    Thanks Jim

Default Re: Advise on a Webcam

Hi Jim,
    Take a look at Mandolessons.com, it's a great site with lots of free lessons. He's got a whole section that talks about what equipment he uses (both currently and in the past), you can find it here.

Keep in mind that good video and audio equipment is not inexpensive, and you can easily start approaching the cost of a very nice mandolin, and very few will ever see a return on their investment.

On the other hand, if you want to pursue the low end of the cost range, people have shot entire movies on iPhones. There's a lot you can do with an iPhone, a Bluetooth remote and a tripod. I already had a tripod, and just bought a phone holder and a Bluetooth remote for $10. That's all I need to shoot a video of me playing and singing slightly off key.
    A quarter tone flat and a half a beat behind.

Thanks Bob, I will check out that site.

I've been doing webcasts for my church with good results over the past few months. We use a Logitech C920 Pro HD webcam. It will easily handle 2 people 6 feet apart. The built in microphone is okay at close range.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JH Murray For This Useful Post: