Thread: Monitor suggestion for DAW

Default Monitor suggestion for DAW

I am looking for some monitors for DAW. Can you suggest me which monitor are you using for editing audios and videos?

Default Re: Monitor suggestion for DAW

I use Samson Resolv 40A powered speakers and Beyerdynamic DT150 headphones. I also listen to the mix on a home stereo set-up and in my car via the mp3 player. A lot of the material we post on YouTube probably is only listened to on the speakers that are attached to the computer, or on the laptop's speakers or a pair of earbuds,and they all give a different version of the mix you have spent a long time creating!
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

I had a potential customer send me a very long, very detailed critique of the tone of all the mandolins I had made to that date. They had very specific opinions about the tone, and strong opinions about which were successful instruments. Found out later in the conversation, this was all based on listening to the youtube/soundcloud clips on a cheap tv's built-in speakers. :-\

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty Jacobson For This Useful Post:

First off...Marty Jacobson couldn't be more right! Its sad, but kind of funny, how many folks are listening and making judgement on subpar speakers. I myself am guilty of watching things on my phone too...

To the OP, I have a pair of M-Audio BX5 speakers in my home studio and a few different pairs of headphones to listen through. That said, when I do a mixdown, I listen on a variety of different sources as well (including with earbuds, phone speakers and in the car).

The BX5s are pretty cheap...what you might expect from M-Audio, but they get the job done. They have nice mids, but a common criticism is the low end range on them.

All that being said, I think I paid $100 for them in a "big box devil store" sale a few years back and for my audio/video needs, they tend to do the trick fairly well.

I am using benQ Monitor, It works great for me!