Thread: Cozart

Default Cozart

So does anyone know anything about a Cozart electric mandolin? They look pretty cool, and I'm sure from China or that neighborhood, but I'm wondering if they're worth a look or are complete junk. Anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance. Chief.
    Chief. Way up North. Gibson 1917 A model with pickup. JL Smith 5 string electric. 1929 National Triolian resonator mandolin with pickup. National RM 1 with pickup. Ovation Applause. Fender FM- 60 E 5 string electric (with juiced pickups). 1950's Gibson EM-200 electric mandolin. 1954 Gibson EM-150 electric mandolin. Custom made "Jett Pink" 5 string electric- Bo Diddley slab style. Jay Roberts Tiny Moore model 5 string electric.

Default Re: Cozart

I bought one a year ago when they were cheaper.The neck was too chunky for me so I shaved it down to where I liked it .It plays very good and the pickups work fine.I put on light flatwound strings.I play in a band with electric guitar and bass.You can hear it and it sounds like an eight string.The only thing I don’t like is the small size.I don’t know how but intonation is good.I have since bought a Cozart semi hollow body Tele copy and am very impressed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7A40ABBE-B6B2-487C-8D94-545C457CF4D2.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	759.8 KB 
ID:	185468  

Default Re: Cozart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0BD3D8C-4EF4-4A5B-90CB-D99983661066.jpeg 
Views:	189 
Size:	668.2 KB 
ID:	185469