Thread: Which online lessons have a good interface for mobile?

Default Which online lessons have a good interface for mobile?

With a two year old and a two month old in the house I find myself spending more time watching and listening to mandolin lessons on my iphone. The online course that I was subscribed to had a very dense interface full of drop down menus and navigation tabs which are difficult for me to manage on the relatively small screen of my phone. Of course the reason for all these menus is because the course provides so much amazing content.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest an online course that has a decent depth of content for an advanced beginner with a fairly straightforward interface for use on a mobile device? What are your experiences navigating Peghead Nation, Banjo Ben, Mandolin Secrets Academy, Mandolins Heal the World, Artistworks etc on a small screen?

Thanks
    Lex

Default Re: Which online lessons have a good interface for mobile?

What kind of lessons do you want?

Baron's Mandolessons Site has some really great material that is Youtube based and mostly 'learn by ear' friendly.

I personally do a bunch of Peghead Nation lessons on my iPhone when traveling, and other than a small screen making reading notation difficult (not anybody's fault), they have pretty good detailed video that is zoomed in when you need to see what is going on with the fingerboard or pick, etc.

Not sure if that is helpful, but Baron's free content is pretty hard to beat!
    Scott R.
    -
    2019 Ellis F5 Special #464 - Facebook Build
    2017 Pava A5 Pro - Autumn Burst
    1987 Flatiron F5 Artist

Want to list your instruments with galleries in your signature?
    Check out RuttList Instrument Archive to create your own galleries for free.

I agree Baron's Mandolessons is fantastic. I was thinking about a course with a more structured progression but maybe the additional content Baron give to subscribers would fill that need.

I'm glad to hear that Peghead Nation's lessons are accessible on the phone. That helps.

I have had zero problems with Artist Works on my iPhone 8 and iPad for the last 9 months. I have also found their tech support staff to be very helpful and timely. For my own particular learning preferences their system works extremely well.

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

1925 Lyon & Healy Model A, #1674
    2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

I love Banjo Ben’s arrangements; learning them has really pushed me. But the tabs scroll along the bottom of the video, which I wouldn’t be able to read on an iPhone.