Thread: Weber Aspen

Default Weber Aspen

I have a Weber Aspen mandolin that I am thinking about selling. I used to use it as a travel mandolin because of its small size. However, it looks like travel is not in the cards anytime soon. I don’t believe in beaters for travel. This is a nice instrument, as you would expect from Weber. I tried searching the Cafe for information on this instrument, and found...nothing! I expected many hits on a search “Weber Aspen” Is this a rare item?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Weber Aspen

Maybe but maybe not too rare (more like I don't think it's rarity increases it's value considerably). It is their flat top Mandolin. I like flat tops. Webers were known for their substantial necks. They quit making these in 2013 or so. I suspect you didn't get tons of hits since most folks here play arch tops and Martin, Flatiron, and Mid Mo/ Big Muddy produced more and have a known track record with their flat top mandolins.

Welcome to the cafe. Be aware that should you list the mandolin, this thread will be closed since we don't use the forums to promote personal sales.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nmzouk View Post
    I have a Weber Aspen mandolin that I am thinking about selling. I used to use it as a travel mandolin because of its small size. However, it looks like travel is not in the cards anytime soon. I don’t believe in beaters for travel. This is a nice instrument, as you would expect from Weber. I tried searching the Cafe for information on this instrument, and found...nothing! I expected many hits on a search “Weber Aspen” Is this a rare item?
    Go to Advanced Search
    In Keyword(s): enter Weber Aspen
    In the pull-down menu to the right select Search Titles Only

Thanks, this was helpful. I will submit a classified ad, so I tried to delete this post myself. However, perhaps because I am unfamiliar with the interface, I was unable to do that.