Thread: Newzik vs Forscore Apps?

Default Newzik vs Forscore Apps?

Has anyone checked out Newzik and compared it to ForScore? If so what are your experiences with the 2 apps? And what are your recommendations with regards to their strengths applications, and functionality?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Barry Canada; Apr-24-2020 at 12:00pm.

Default Re: Newzik vs Forscore Apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Canada View Post
    Has anyone checked out Newzik and compared it to ForScore? If so what are your experiences with the 2 apps? And what are your recommendations with regards to their strengths applications, and functionality?
    Thanks!
    After trying forScore and many other notation apps I find Newzik to be the top for mainly 7 reasons:#
    - Cloud: All the data you create in Newzik is uploaded to Newzik's cloud, not needing to worry about ruining your ipad. You can always access all this information from any other iOs device, unlike forScore, which if you harm your device, or want to access it via another device you can't (unless you manually back it up before).
    - Organizations: Neat and clear organization windows, allowing to create setlists for concert or educational purposes, which is in my opinion much more comfortable than forScores library organization options.
    - Projects: You can share your markings or any edits in real-time with other (not possible in forScore)
    - MusicXML: Ability to import MusicXML files, transpose them and enjoy other MusicXML related features (not possible in forScore)
    - Audio/video/youtube: Ability to import any audio, video or youtube link and attach it to a piece.#
    - Music Publishers: In app access to leading music publishers.#
    - Stable as a rock

Thanks TrueTrack!
    I have both apos on my ipad. The problem I am experiencing is getting others to be open to switch to an unfamiliar app! I guess everyone gets sort of comfortable and laid back in their own slippers!
    What is the learning curve like to switch to and get comfortable with the Newzik app? I am so familiar with ForScore! If I decide to be the “sole loner“ using ForScore is Newzik compatible and simple to share PDFs with ForScore users? I do realize this would only be possible with PDF file. If I only make use of PDF documents would it still be worthwhile to use Newzik?
    Thanks once again for responding.

Hey Barry.
    I think the learning curve in getting to know Newzik is very quick. It's not a complicated app at all. In add there is a great tutorial channel on youtube that clarifies the main features and possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52T...4YuoNhE7VcwWYf

To your second question, yes it is easy to export any piece / setlist / project from within Newzik to PDF and share via email / drive / to another app.