Thread: Greetings from the newest of newbies

Default Greetings from the newest of newbies

Hello all,

I just ordered an Eastman MD505CC and I absolutely can't wait to get it. I have been a music vagabond playing many instruments (never very well) and moving on to the next best thing. I was walking a couple of days ago in an almost abandoned park and heard someone playing and wandered over to have a listen (maintaining social distancing of course) and was hooked. The next day I listed my keyboard on Craigslist and ordered the Eastman. I have spent the last 20 hours reading these forums and researching what I wanted.
    I look forward to joining your ranks as a Mandolin player and I would like to thank all of you for some great tips and tricks. (Youtube has given one or two as well).

2. The following members say thank you to Wheresmypick for this post:

Default Re: Greetings from the newest of newbies

Eastmans are good mandolins. Playing mandolin is a great adventure. Have fun!

Welcome, Wheresmypick. I have an Eastman MD505 and I really like its sound and playability. I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Blog Entries

Hi there, Where. Welcome to the right place to be. Glad you found us!
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

Like many here I am a multi-instrumentalist. Bass is my main instrument but I have enormous affection for mandolin. Currently I am hunkered down without my mandolin. I have several guitars and basses and an upright bass I am slowly restoring but I miss my mandolin. So welcome to an addiction.

Welcome! I am a multi-instrumentalist as well and I thoroughly enjoy playing my Eastman mando...have fun!
    "All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain

Eastman MD615SB
    Martin D35
    Gibson SG

Congratulations ! I started out with Eastman's ! Great starter mandolin ! Enjoy !