Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free PDF's of Technical Exercises

Default Re: Free PDF's of Technical Exercises

Super awesome stuff mate, great for a... I'm not sure if I'm a beginner or an advanced beginner, but the material is great for people in my skill range!

Only downside for me is I can't read sheet music at all... That's more of a *me* failing than anything else though. I just can't... figure it out. I'm working on it though! I know where G is on the treble staff now! :D
    Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.-Geralt of Rivia

Serve... Save... Slave... Slay... I've sins aplenty, aye. But regrets? Not so much.-Fray Myste

It's the best and strongest steel that goes through the hottest fires.-Me

Only downside for me is I can't read sheet music at all... That's more of a *me* failing than anything else though. I just can't... figure it out. I'm working on it though! I know where G is on the treble staff now! :D
    Back in the dark ages, when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I learned "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" for the lines of the staff. Or "Favour" if you want to go by the title of the Moody Blues record.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by SolusAsh View Post
    Only downside for me is I can't read sheet music at all...
    So, just skip the PDF step they're only there in case you find an exercise hard enough to need getting it under your fingers before tackling the video.

Most of the exercises are simple enough and repetitive enough that you don't need to be able to read anyways. Click on the short audio example (the black triangles in the "What You'll Play" column) and figure it out by ear (or even click on the "Give it a Go" example and look at the moving fretboard dots). If you can play the audio example at the speed of the Give it a Go example, and can transpose up a fourth (eg the audio example's in Am – try playing it in Dm, then Gm), then you're good to go. Keep your eye on the moving fretboard dots just to confirm that you're in the correct position.

The videos are simply backing tracks with when-needed visual info – I doubt that anyone is doing any reading past the second or third page.
    mando scales
    technical exercises for rock blues & fusion mandolinists
    mp4 backing tracks & free downloadable pdfs

jimbevan.com

Here I'm getting some help with one of Jim's exercises
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smudge with Music.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	546.2 KB 
ID:	187495  

5. The following members say thank you to Sue Rieter for this post: