Thread: Music Software

Default Music Software

Any recommendations on programs, suitable for Mac, that would take an mp3 and turn into sheet music. Also recommendation on program that would slow music down without pitch change. And finally, safe places to download such program.
    Many thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Music Software

I don't think you are going to find anything that works very well taking mp3 to sheet music.

Slowing stuff down, yes! Amazing Slow Downer is one. Transcribe! is another. I have used Transcribe! and it is helpful. Transcribe! also gives you some guesses about what the individual notes are, but you still need a good ear.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HonketyHank For This Useful Post:

+1 You will learn much more about the mandolin, and about music in general, if you undertake to make transcriptions yourself from MP3 or other digital recordings. Slow these down as much as need be, for example, with Amazing Slow Downer or other software. Work out the notes, one at a time, and transcribe to tab or notation -- whichever you prefer. For tab, there's TableEdit. For notation, you can also use TablEdit, but other options are better, like Sibelius, Finale, MuseScore, etc..

Many thanks for the suggestions.