Thread: Beginner

Default Beginner

I’m just learning to play the Mandolin. What, in your opinion, are the first steps I should take? I have an Eastman md304, learning a few chords G C D G7 and C7. Having a tough time learning to strum. Practicing the G major and C major scales, very slow

I would also like to find a Tab for the pic’n in Life’s Railway to Heaven. Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Beginner

Here you go: http://www.music-folk-play-hymns.com...Tab-Hymns.html . Also check out mandolessons.com for lessons on technique and on a bunch of tunes. All free.

Welcome to the Cafe!
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

3. The following members say thank you to HonketyHank for this post:

Welcome
    I have looked at those links & others, and the Mandolin for Dummies Book is great too.
    Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Thanks Hank. That was very helpful. Do they have sites for other genres of music? I’M also looking for I saw the light and Paradise (Green River)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Zed

Go to Learn/Listen at the top of this page. There are tabs on this site and links to other resources.

Blog Entries

Also, I have a page of links on my website. It hasn't been updated in a good while, but I still do use most of those links. http://honketyhank.com/favorite-links/
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

Welcome, I'm kind of new too. Theere is a wealth of information at this site. Sore fingers, frustrating, and joy are in your future. I've have only been playing for a year now but learn your chords, and shapes, will bring you a long way
    Trapper