Thread: Delfest Postponed

Default Delfest Postponed

I understand and respect the McCoury’s decision to postpone their festival. It just makes me worry about what’s going to happen for events scheduled this summer. I know we all have plans and I know the most important thing is to be safe, but it’s just a bummer.

Default Re: Delfest Postponed

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleE View Post
    I understand and respect the McCoury’s decision to postpone their festival. It just makes me worry about what’s going to happen for events scheduled this summer. I know we all have plans and I know the most important thing is to be safe, but it’s just a bummer.
    We're not even going to sign up for Swannanoa this year. We've already lost a room deposit on a postponed festival in Charleston SC. It also took going thru our credit card company to get a refund from the festival promoters in Charleston. You would think people would be kinder during times of crisis? Less than three years ago, when I had major tumor surgery, we lost both the housing deposit and the price of some festival tickets. Both in North Carolina. We're just going to be very careful in the future about who we do business with. These last two episodes have soured us. The last time we got any kind of refund during trying times was at a B&B here in Maryland. My wife broke her back being thrown from a horse the night before we were leaving. The people at the B&B were so gracious, that the next time we went up that way we stayed with them.
    I hope if you had money tied up in the festival, (lodging, tickets) you get a refund.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

3. The following members say thank you to Bill Kammerzell for this post:

Thankfully I don’t have any money tied up yet. I was still in the planning stage when this hit. I’ve attended Delfest in the past and it was on my maybe list. When I found out it was postponed it just made me think about other events that might be canceled/postponed for the summer. I’m going to hold off a little longer to make any solid plans.

Even be cautious with any future domestic travel plans. My daughter was going to a convention in Tampa that was cancelled due to the virus. The airline she was flying with kept her money and gave her a credit usable over the next nine months. A lot of this is going on. The Y here locally has been closed since March 15th. Yet they billed my wife for two months membership with an auto deduction from her checking account. We had to actually contact them to put the membership on hold. They refused to refund the two months. It's just puzzling as all heck to me for businesses to be acting this way. I couldn't do anything like that to anyone. Especially not during this sort of time.
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kammerzell View Post
    The Y here locally has been closed since March 15th. Yet they billed my wife for two months membership with an auto deduction from her checking account. We had to actually contact them to put the membership on hold. They refused to refund the two months. It's just puzzling as all heck to me for businesses to be acting this way.
    I do not give any company (except Netflix) access to automatically access my credit card.
    There are just too many things (like this) that can happen to justify it for me.
    I don't find it puzzling that they do such things, rather I expect it.

I saw today that the cancelled Jackson Browne/James Taylor tour was not refunding ticket holder's money, but was putting it towards whenever the concerts might be rescheduled. What about the numerous people who will no longer be able to attend the concerts whenever that future date is arrived at.
    But Amsterdam was always good for grieving
    And London never fails to leave me blue
    And Paris never was my kinda town
    So I walked around with the Ft. Worth Blues

7. The following members say thank you to Fretbear for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fretbear View Post
    I do not give any company (except Netflix) access to automatically access my credit card.
    There are just too many things (like this) that can happen to justify it for me.
    I don't find it puzzling that they do such things, rather I expect it.

I saw today that the cancelled Jackson Browne/James Taylor tour was not refunding ticket holder's money, but was putting it towards whenever the concerts might be rescheduled. What about the numerous people who will no longer be able to attend the concerts whenever that future date is arrived at.
    If they paid with a Credit Card they need to contact the card company customer service number. That's how I finally got my refund for the festival tickets.
    As for my wife's Y membership, I believe that was the only way she could join. This sort of thing hasn't brought out the best in a lot of companies and small businesses. I won't forget. They will lose more business than they will gain from such actions.
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

Not to excuse bad customer service, but some of these businesses cannot offer refunds right now because they don't have the cash on hand to do it. Again, I'm not saying the customer should lose either, just that this circumstance has no real precedent.

Likely the case. That is why the case with me, is that I won't be putting out any advance payments to anyone for events such as Mandolin Camps, etc, that are still being advertised, for some time to come.....
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)

Steve Kaufman has had to cancel his acoustic Kamp in Tenn. this year, which is also a bummer.