Thread: Need a break? New Bluegrass Interview Podcast ep w/Ricky Skaggs

Default Need a break? New Bluegrass Interview Podcast ep w/Ricky Skaggs

Been working on this for a while - I host a public radio show on CBC/NPR and this past summer I went to Nashville to do long form interviews with some legends of Bluegrass music. The music I first loved as a kid when I was 15. Second episode is up now featuring Ricky Skaggs. Got to speak with Ricky in the control room of his studio in Nashville.

We talk about the pressures of being a child prodigy, the real story of how Bill Monroe pulled him onstage, being discovered by Ralph Stanley in a bar room, his life with Keith Whitley and the last time they spoke.

But my favourite part is a never before told story of Bill Monroe asking whether Ricky would ever want to be a Bluegrass Boy, and Ricky nailing an impression of Monroe. Interesting guy and I really loved that he opened up.

This is part of an 8-part season of interviews with legends in Bluegrass that I'm pretty excited for you to hear. Feel free to subscribe, rate or whatever. Interviews in the next few months include Jesse McReynolds, Alice Gerrard, Bela Fleck,Jerry Douglas, and more.

Link to listen is here - http://smarturl.com/toyheart

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomjoepower For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Need a break? New Bluegrass Interview Podcast ep w/Ricky Skag

I listen to podcast during my commute each day. I listened. It's a good one. It's neat that you learned from Neil Rosenberg.

I listen to: Mandolins and Beer, Bluegrass Stories, Let my People Think, Josh Cole Bluegrass, and Walls of Time.

Keep up the good work.

GT

Default Re: Need a break? New Bluegrass Interview Podcast ep w/Ricky Skag

thank you so much Tom, that was excellent!
    d