Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Collings coversion

  1. #1

    Default Collings coversion

    You know that old saying “the customer is always right”...well I had a customer come in who wanted his mandolin headstock...changed. He brought in a Collings MF #1247. He wants me to dig out the Collings and replace it with his late fathers nickname “Pele” as a tribute to his father. So I did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC97651C-0D26-4F25-ABF8-8D0CF1F8B54E.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	184024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7CEBE00-E720-4AFB-AEE7-D50EE2D38A83.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	184025  
    Jacob Hagerty, Hagerty Mandolins

    James Moodie #8
    Michael Fraser #5
    Jacob Hagerty #1,#2,#3
    1918 Gibson A1
    https://www.facebook.com/hagertymandolins/
    http://foggymemory.com
    http://www.youtube.com/j87571

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jacob Hagerty For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Collings coversion

    You do some very fine work, Jacob. Might you be interested in a head stock repair on my mandolin? Send me a PM one way or the other so we can chat. Thank you very much.

    As it looks today (yuck)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F Headstock 4 004.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	184056

    As it once looked when I first got it 20 years ago
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-12Headstock3.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	446.1 KB 
ID:	184057

    Len B.
    Clearwater

  4. #3

    Default Re: Collings coversion

    Great work, Jacob! I'm thinking having "Pele" inlaid would limit resale potential should that situation ever arise........

    of course, so would having Bill, Tom, George, etc., on there.....

  5. #4

    Default Re: Collings coversion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mando View Post
    Great work, Jacob! I'm thinking having "Pele" inlaid would limit resale potential should that situation ever arise........

    of course, so would having Bill, Tom, George, etc., on there.....
    Ha! You’re absolutely right. Fortunately this is a real nice mandolin and the owner has not intentions in selling. He has other real nice mandolins as well.
    Jacob Hagerty, Hagerty Mandolins

    James Moodie #8
    Michael Fraser #5
    Jacob Hagerty #1,#2,#3
    1918 Gibson A1
    https://www.facebook.com/hagertymandolins/
    http://foggymemory.com
    http://www.youtube.com/j87571

  6. #5

    Default Re: Collings coversion

    Give me a call or text and we can chat about it. I would love to help you out. I will message you my #
    Jacob Hagerty, Hagerty Mandolins

    James Moodie #8
    Michael Fraser #5
    Jacob Hagerty #1,#2,#3
    1918 Gibson A1
    https://www.facebook.com/hagertymandolins/
    http://foggymemory.com
    http://www.youtube.com/j87571

  7. #6
    Registered User jim simpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Wheeling, WV
    Posts
    5,061

    Default Re: Collings coversion

    Jacob, did the customer not want the broken piece glued back on? I would think you would only leave it off if you were also scratching out the name (like Bill).
    Cabin Fever String Band, Bill Gorby and the Musical Mercenaries

  8. #7

    Default Re: Collings coversion

    Quote Originally Posted by jim simpson View Post
    Jacob, did the customer not want the broken piece glued back on? I would think you would only leave it off if you were also scratching out the name (like Bill).
    Good question. The customer does still have the piece in the case. I asked if they wanted it repaired and they said no, on top of not repairing the broken scroll they then asked me to put binding on. So I did.
    Jacob Hagerty, Hagerty Mandolins

    James Moodie #8
    Michael Fraser #5
    Jacob Hagerty #1,#2,#3
    1918 Gibson A1
    https://www.facebook.com/hagertymandolins/
    http://foggymemory.com
    http://www.youtube.com/j87571

  9. The following members say thank you to Jacob Hagerty for this post:


  10. #8

    Default Re: Collings coversion

    Quote Originally Posted by lenf12 View Post
    You do some very fine work, Jacob. Might you be interested in a head stock repair on my mandolin? Send me a PM one way or the other so we can chat. Thank you very much.

    As it looks today (yuck)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F Headstock 4 004.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	184056

    As it once looked when I first got it 20 years ago
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-12Headstock3.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	446.1 KB 
ID:	184057

    Len B.
    Clearwater
    You can Facebook me Hagerty Mandolins, I also sent you a message through the mandolin cafe.
    Jacob Hagerty, Hagerty Mandolins

    James Moodie #8
    Michael Fraser #5
    Jacob Hagerty #1,#2,#3
    1918 Gibson A1
    https://www.facebook.com/hagertymandolins/
    http://foggymemory.com
    http://www.youtube.com/j87571

  11. #9

    Default Re: Collings coversion

    I'm not a Facebook kinda guy (geezer) but will give it a try. Got your PM with your # and hope to talk to you over the next few days. I gotta figure out the logistics of being without my #1 mandolin. Thank you again!!

    Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •