Thread: Adam Rhodes - New Bouzouki?

Default Adam Rhodes - New Bouzouki?

Have seen a few new videos from Imar on Instagram recently, and it seems like Adam Rhodes is playing a new bouzouki. Anyone know what he is playing?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9E6c7oB31U/

Default Re: Adam Rhodes - New Bouzouki?

Its a carbon fibre gazouki made by Emerald Guitars in Ireland. I was talking to Adam about it on Tuesday after Imars gig in Dublin. light as a feather, sounded great plugged in. cant really comment on acoustic sound as the venue was pretty noisy after the gig.

3. The following members say thank you to Reinhardt for this post:

Thanks, Reinhardt. It is a really interesting looking instrument with the sound hole placement and cutaway for "up the neck" access. Happy to hear it performed well plugged in, looked at Emerald Guitars and at least from the videos, they seem to do well acoustically. His Forster Bouzoukis sound amazing, but I can defiantly see the appeal of a light weight, carbon fibre instrument for travel and gigging. Thanks again for the info.

Harley Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Vance View Post
    Have seen a few new videos from Imar on Instagram recently, and it seems like Adam Rhodes is playing a new bouzouki. Anyone know what he is playing?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9E6c7oB31U/
    That is some really nice flute playing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Vance View Post
    Thanks, Reinhardt. It is a really interesting looking instrument with the sound hole placement and cutaway for "up the neck" access. Happy to hear it performed well plugged in, looked at Emerald Guitars and at least from the videos, they seem to do well acoustically. His Forster Bouzoukis sound amazing, but I can defiantly see the appeal of a light weight, carbon fibre instrument for travel and gigging. Thanks again for the info.
    Hi Daniel, I agree re his Forsters, I bought one off him a few years ago. Standard Bouzouki model. Absolutely brilliant. Adam said that the emerald doesnt really compare acoustically with the Forsters. The main reason he went for carbon fibre model was because his standard wooden zouks didnt always react too well to extremes of temperature/ humidity etc. I had a similar experience myself with a great Foley bouzouki when playing a gig at altitude in Andorra in the Pyrenees. The instrument just went dead as a dodo. really weird. its the only place this has happened to me.

7. The following members say thank you to Reinhardt for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
    Hi Daniel, I agree re his Forsters, I bought one off him a few years ago. Standard Bouzouki model. Absolutely brilliant. Adam said that the emerald doesnt really compare acoustically with the Forsters. The main reason he went for carbon fibre model was because his standard wooden zouks didnt always react too well to extremes of temperature/ humidity etc. I had a similar experience myself with a great Foley bouzouki when playing a gig at altitude in Andorra in the Pyrenees. The instrument just went dead as a dodo. really weird. its the only place this has happened to me.
    Adam emailed me before he bought it - he didn't want me to get upset! There is another good reason for him to buy it (other than its great) He works a lot in Germany these days often for weeks at a time, all with the same German musician. So he often leaves the Emerald there, and it stays on the tour bus. That way he doesn't have to fly with an instrument at all when he goes.

Sensible feller.

nigel
    www.nkforsterguitars.com

Quote Originally Posted by nkforster View Post
    Adam emailed me before he bought it - he didn't want me to get upset! There is another good reason for him to buy it (other than its great) He works a lot in Germany these days often for weeks at a time, all with the same German musician. So he often leaves the Emerald there, and it stays on the tour bus. That way he doesn't have to fly with an instrument at all when he goes.

Sensible feller.

nigel
    www.nkforsterguitars.com
    Thats good to hear Nigel. He's a great ambassador for your work and a gent to boot!!

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Marty View Post
    That is some really nice flute playing!!
    It's all nice playing, and most important, they play as one man. That is almost machine-like perfection.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

11. The following members say thank you to Bertram Henze for this post: