Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Scott and Dan!

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Default Re: Thank you Scott and Dan!

Feels good to be back home.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

Registered User Bigfoot Fingers's Avatar

Glad to see the forum section is up and running again. As an almost daily lurker on the site who has been much entertained as well as learning a lot from fellow members about this hobby-obsession I greatly appreciate your efforts in keeping this site going.

Thanks Scott and Dan! I will happily join the clamoring crowd of appreciators - all your hard work has fostered an amazing community and this latest effort is yet one more example. You guys are the best.

Thanks Scott and Dan for the hard work you do to keep this Forum going! You guys are the Best!!! I check in everyday to see what is going on in the Mandolin Café! SALUTE and Thank you!!!
    Kentucky KM-1050 2021
    Pava Satin A 2018 #272
    Gibson A 1916 #25861 FON 2626

Me too. I really love Mandolin Cafe. Thank you so much for all your work and dedication.. Dagger
    David A. Gordon

Can only echo what others have already said. Been a member here for almost 8 years, and rarely a day has gone by without me checking in, to see what’s new.

Thanks also to the mandolin community here - a great wealth of knowledge, warmth and humour.

Cheers

John

Hi,

Thanks for the great service you have provided for so long. Much appreciated.

Regards,

This must have been a herculean effort and very frustrating to work so hard and then have to undo everything. Upgrades can be fraught but I suppose despite the return to the previous format and software, the site is once again back for its many appreciative users to enjoy and use as one of the outstanding resources on the web. In so many ways an exceptional website for those that have a musical interest- most definitely, in a league of its own. Thank you.

Registered User Matt Hutchinson's Avatar

Another big vote of thanks from me. The fact that so many of us will have come here yesterday and slightly panicked to find the forum down shows that what you guys have built isn't really about tech or software - it's about people. It's community and a family and the work you've both put into that is HUGELY appreciated. I'm sorry that it takes something so drastic for me to end up thanking you for it!

Nobody's done more to further the world of mandolins over the last decade (and more) and I'm sure it's been frustrating and difficult at times. It's clearly a labour of love. Thank you.

Matt

10. The following members say thank you to Matt Hutchinson for this post:

Registered User grassrootphilosopher's Avatar

Yes, thank´s Scott for making our conversations possible.

Often enough the devil is in the details. In this case I seem to see that there were a lot of details and/or some major dinosaurs in the process. Could you, Scott, elaborate in a few words what the main problems were.

Also if you would like to read about a major programing desaster (that a large group of people has to put up with), enjoy reading anything about the German lawyers electronic mail program (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Besond...nwaltspostfach) and its major deficiencies.
    Olaf

Blog Entries

You guys must have had a very rough couple of days. I hope all further upgrades are kinder to you!

Thank you for creating, maintaining, and improving our favorite spot on the Internet.

Daniel

Adding my Thanks! You guys deserve donations from us all for keeping this special place alive & up to date! Made mine!

Oval holes are cool David Lewis's Avatar

The work you put in Scott is appreciated. Always.

and thanks to Dan for the technicals as well.
    JBovier ELS; Epiphone MM-50 VN; Epiphone MM-40L; Gretsch New Yorker G9310; Washburn M1SDLB;

Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster; Squier Modified Vintage Cabronita Telecaster; Gretsch 5420T; Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat: Washburn Banjo B9; Ibanez RB 5string; Ibanez RB 4 string bass

Pedalboard for ELS: Morley Cry baby Miniwah - Tuner - EHX Soul Food Overdrive - EHX Memory Toy analog Delay
    Fender Blues Jr Tweed; Fender Greta;

In Illinois, halfway between here and there.

Another echo here. Thanks to Scott, Dan and all for the headaches you endure keeping this place running.
    Peace

Blog Entries

Nice save! On a related note, David Ayres, a Zamboni driver, got tapped to be an emergency sub in for the Carolina Hurricanes in Toronto. He is 42 and helped the Hurricanes win (oldest goalie to win in their debut!). He got paid $500 and got to keep the game Jersey.

I say you and Dan get to enjoy some beers, BBQ, and wear your Aesthetic Department shirts today. It's good to have the forum back!

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Blog Entries

Adding my thanks for the web site and to those doing the work of sustaining it.
    Bandcamp -- https://tomwright1.bandcamp.com/
    Videos--YouTube
    Sound Clips--SoundCloud
    The viola is proof that man is not rational

Thanks for coming back.

We love this site and appreciate your long, hard work.
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

It's a repeat of what others have already said but it's from the heart: thank you Scott and Dan for making this happen. There's no other site I'd rather be than here at the Cafe. This place is such a great place to be because of your hard work, along with the great people that make this site their home.
    "If your memories exceed your dreams, you have begun to die." - Anonymous

"The only way to find out is to find out" -Bob Dylan
    John A. Karsemeyer

I agree. I know from what you wrote that the attempted switch was a nightmare. Thank you for sticking it out and for what you do for Mandolin players and wannabe's from all around the world.

Another thanks for the great work you guys do. Sometimes it takes being without something to appreciate it. This is the best site on the web.

My thanks as well! Yesterday I was on my phone for a couple of minutes, and my wife asked, "What's happening on the Café today?" To which I replied, in a bit of a panicked tone, "I DON'T KNOW, IT'S BEEN DOWN ALL WEEKEND!!!" So glad it's back up and running!
    Chuck

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    Thanks guys.

To support such a big and longstanding website/forum such as the Cafe is no small feat. My hats off to Scott and Dan for all their (impossibly) hard work for maintaining and improving the site. As someone who does testing and getting new releases out the door for a living I have the utmost respect for what you guys had done this past week.

Thanks for all you do for the Mando nerd herd! Appreciate all the blood, sweat and tears you've put in!