Thread: Eugene Jams

Default Eugene Jams

Hey fellas,

I just moved to Eugene, OR and need some friends to play music with. Anybody on here know of a place I can go in Eugene?

Neel

Default Re: Eugene Jams

Lots of opportunities. Sam Bonds Garage has a bluegrass jam every Tuesday night. It is well established and brings some good musicians. They also have an Irish/Celtic jam on Sundays. These may not be greatest for beginners.
    Whirled Pies has a jam on Tuesdays a couple hours before Sam Bonds. That one gets a pretty eclectic mix of music, but can be bluegrasscentric depending on who turns out. Beginner friendly, but gets some get pickers.
    Greg Biller hosts a jam at The Brew Station in Cottage Grove every other Wednesday. Pretty good mix of music with a healthy dose of bluegrass. Beginner friendly with some really good regular players.
    There are several others I am less familiar with in town and easy driving distance. Old Time Fiddlers Association has regular gatherings in the area. And there is a Sunday evening jam in Walterville. Feel free to shoot me a message. I am in Eugene.