Thread: TMS to Nashville

Default TMS to Nashville

Got an eMail notification. I'm thinking a much larger retail operation. Now there really is a front runner city for mandolins. No contest, even if there really wasn't before. All the best to them.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Default Re: TMS to Nashville

Have you been to Carter’s? Artisan just moved into downtown in order to compete with the other stores there. Seems everyone wants to be downtown. Cotten Music has expanded as part of The North American Guitar Company. Lots of stores with deep pockets in the area now.

But I hear what Dennis is saying. Kids and grandkids take priority sometimes.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

While its great to have more stores in Nashville, for TMS the increase in walkin trade may be a mixed blessing.
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

If they don't move into high priced real estate, and it appears they won't, their 99% online sales business model will still work. If I weren't in Phoenix for spring training, I'd have never set foot in the place. The one mandolin I bought from them was online. Being close to Gibson is a plus for them too.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

I predict it will be a huge plus for them. More centrally located. Look how many make the pilgrimage to Nashville just to shop for instruments. Yeah online sales will still be king so expensive real estate makes no sense but as long as they're not too far out they should pick up significant drive by.
    No matter where I go, there I am...Unless I'm running a little late.

Now it will be in (sort of) driving distance for those of us in Ohio - a (long) one-day "road trip!"