Thread: Tailpiece for Eastman 515

Question Tailpiece for Eastman 515

Greetings !

Came down yesterday morning to find that one of the points that holds an E string snapped off the tailpiece

Did some searching on the forum and sounds like there is discussion about replacing the stock tail piece with another, which would require filling and drilling new holes, which I would rather not do.

Anyone know of a way to get a replacement stock tailpiece for the 515, or alternatively another tailpiece that fits the same and would require any drilling?

I'm assuming that if I can find another stock replacement, I should just be able to unscrew the old and screw in the new, is that correct? I sent a note to Eastman asking, but havent heard back yet.

Thanks for any insights !

Default Re: Tailpiece for Eastman 515

Contact Eastman customer service. Couple of years ago I bought a used Eastman archtop guitar that had the pick guard in the case, but no bracket or screws. They sent me the missing pieces, no charge.
    " Give me some words I can dance to and a melody that rhymes" - Steve Goodman

Quietly Making Noise Dave Greenspoon's Avatar

If you bought it new, it should be covered under warranty.
    Axes: Eastman MD-515 & El Rey; Eastwood S Mandola
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

Blog Entries

I had the same issue just a few months ago. I contacted Eastman and they shipped me a replacement with a week. Great service, and no extra work on your part. I can’t imagine any tailpiece providing a significant improvement other than aesthetics.

I replaced my 2013 315 stamped tail piece with a Cast tail piece from Allen. It didn't require drilling. No tonal improvement other than no more rattling cover.