Thread: Mandolin lessons in AZ

Default Mandolin lessons in AZ

Does anyone know of mandolin teachers in the Phoenix area? I live in Mesa, which is east of Phoenix and can go to local areas such as Tempe, Scottsdale, Gilbert and Chandler. I had a wonderful teacher last year, but unfortunately she moved to Washington.

Thanks ahead of time!

Julie

Default Re: Mandolin lessons in AZ

If you don’t find something I’d suggest Skype, as long as you have good internet it’s almost as good as in person...the days of jerky jerky connections are gone and it’s real time feedback. After that I’d suggest Matt Flinners online courses...he’s available during the live seasons for feedback. After that there’s a host of options...PegHead Nation, MandoLessons, Mando Mike, Magnus Zetterlund, Picking Lessons...so many choices nowadays.
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

3. The following members say thank you to bigskygirl for this post:

In Mesa, I was taking lessons at Milano Music in Downtown Mesa. Great teachers there. Recommend Jack Wolf.

Billy Parker
    Mark Miracle

- - - Updated - - -

Billy is in Chandler

My previous teacher, Erin Wolff, taught at Milano's before she moved. I'll contact them to see if Jack Wolf still teaches there. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bigskygirl View Post
    If you don’t find something I’d suggest Skype, as long as you have good internet it’s almost as good as in person...the days of jerky jerky connections are gone and it’s real time feedback. After that I’d suggest Matt Flinners online courses...he’s available during the live seasons for feedback. After that there’s a host of options...PegHead Nation, MandoLessons, Mando Mike, Magnus Zetterlund, Picking Lessons...so many choices nowadays.
    Skype lessons from Pete Martin at petimarpress.com ! There has to be good mandolin teachers in your area of Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, etc. Check with music stores !

well, if you want to continue with Erin Woolf, she's teaching online:
    https://erinwoolfmusic.wixsite.com/w...VSzBwFxM8sToBw
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Julie I just moved from Tempe to Mesa, so i will be interested to hear what local resources you find. Personally, I found FFCP work from Ted E (start in with Mandolin Cafe links, then get his book), and online lessons from Matt Flinner to be really helpful.

Scott

I’m a mandolin player from Scottsdale az, shoot me an email and we can talk about lessons! Dylanfootekungfu@yahoo.com
    My name is Dylan Foote

Thanks to everyone for their referrals! I'm going to start lessons again next week!

Julie