Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acoustic Engineer

Default Re: Acoustic Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEdgerton View Post
    Yeah, that's not necessarily true, there was a period where they just asked somebody to sign it. The link I listed in the second message of this thread has some interesting information about how they determined who would sign the label for many years.
    Mike .... that was an interesting link. I should have read it earlier. Now that I think about it I owned two Monroe F-5's, one signed by Steve Carlson and one by Bruce Weber.
    Linksmaker

Mike .... I went back and read just about all of the posts on the thread you linked. Excellent information. One thing that I may have missed is who signed mandolins from 1924 to 1970 .......... seems like a long gap without any information of who signed. I guess the labels still had a place for a signature although I have not paid attention to who signed instruments made during that period when I have held them in my hands.

This thread is a little different from the earlier linked thread, as I think the other one covers all those who signed it pretty well and no need to rehash it. I was just more interested in the ramifications in todays world of signing something that signifies a person is an acoustic engineer when indeed they are probably n craftsman or in a supervisory position. In the case of Lloyd Loar, he could have been both. I don't know about the others who have signed since then.
    Linksmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Links View Post
    ...One thing that I may have missed is who signed mandolins from 1924 to 1970 ....
    I believe the answer is nobody as they used a different label. I'm sure one of the Gibson experts will chime in if I'm wrong.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber