Thread: Schwab #79

Default Schwab #79

Received the Schwab #79 5 string and took it for a test run today. I gotta say, I've not played an electric instrument (guitar or mandolin) that plays quite like this. Many thanks to MrMando and Emando.com for the support in bringing this instrument into my life.

My reason for going to a 5 string from 4 is for playing rock, country, and blues with both backup and solo voicing. I played along to some Muddy Waters this evening and the #79 has great tone between both pickups. The Seymour Duncans sound great through a clean channel! When plugged into my effects rig it has a lot of range with the blues drive and compressor. I'm excited about expanding my horizons on playing electric in jazz and other styles in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2877.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	524.6 KB 
ID:	183103
    Washburn Americana M118SWK
    Keith Coleman custom 3 point w/ oval
    Schwab 5-string electric #79

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DogHouseMando For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Schwab #79

very cool

Blog Entries

Indeed very cool.

Went to 5 strings when I bought my JBovier EMC-5. At the time I made a promise to myself to get comfortable with the low C and not fixate on the top 4 strings. That was one of the best musical decisions I have ever made.

After you're comfortable with the expanded range you won't ever want to go back to 4 strings.

Addendum. Just looked at the full size photo. OMG Want! It's beautiful!

Daniel
    Last edited by Daniel Nestlerode; Jan-24-2020 at 11:15am.

That was a very well preserved Schwab Standard from 1989 with Seymour Duncans that I was fortunate to come across. Glad to be able to pair it up with an appreciative player. David and i were working on a deal for another 5-string but the builder went AWOL; fortunately I had the Schwab in my back pocket.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls